Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fall 2009


Eav's first day of school at Cow Hollow Preschool. She was very excited to wear her puppy back pack and was feeling very confident to start her day.

I set the whole morning aside to go to school with her and to make sure she was comfortable and happy. I only spent about an hour there because she was ready to play with everything and everyone. The only tear that was shed was by me.



The night before I remember feeling really anxious and stressed. I realized after a lot of thought that I wasn't quite ready to let Eav go. She has always been such an independent girl and I knew she was ready but I hadn't given myself much time to think about letting her go. I think the stresses of a newborn kind of clouded my thoughts and it wasn't until the night before that I was overcome with emotion. I was feeling the mommy guilt of whether I had given her enough of myself before letting someone else have those special moments with her. I wondered if they would do a better job than me in teaching her and interacting with her. I think those feelings are normal, right?

After dropping her off that day, I realized that it's ok that I can't teach her everything and give her everything she needs to grow and develop. That's the beauty of having other people like family, friends and teachers in our children's lives. I don't have to do it all and I can't do it all and that is ok. Her teachers, Mabel and Karen really love and care about her and she loves her new friends.


Ethan's first day of swim class at La Petit Baleen. We were so surprised to find that one of Ethan's best friends from preschool, Jack was also in the same class. We were both so happy. Ethan was a little timid at first but after a few minutes he was loving the water and looked very comfortable.

After only a few lessons Ethan was dunking his head under water, holding his breath, and swimming under water. He's a superstar. I was so proud of him. Teacher Megan is so great with them. He will be swimming in no time.


Our three little crazies. We love them so much.


1 comment: