Ethan is such a joy to have in our family. Ethan is bright, curious, cautious, hard working, disciplined, fun loving, sensitive and caring. He loves having fun with his sisters, friends and as a family. He enjoys activities as simple as jumping on the trampoline as a family, finding bugs in the back yard with his sisters, making and flying paper airplanes with his friends, playing any type of ball in the backyard and of course, legos. He loves to build and create. He has a very techy side who loves and can easily figure out computers, ipads, phones and the wii. He also loves to play chess.
The other day we were playing and he insisted that I moved my horse piece against the rules of chess. I was sure of my move so our game sat all day until Dad came home and convinced him that I had made a legal move. Seriously, why can I not convince my 7 year old that I can really play??? He is very close with his Dad and I guess he just needed his Dad to confirm it. I guess that's ok. It really is so precious to watch him with Rawley. Ethan adores his Dad and it makes me so happy that they get to spend so much time with each other.
I love our talks in the car and before bed. I find that thoughts and feelings come much easier to him when things have quieted down and he can be in one place to think. Our time in the car driving to swim, baseball and lacrosse practice is so precious. I get his full attention and I love it. I also love to cuddle with him while reading books at night. He has become such a good reader but still LOVES to be read to. It's so fun to have that special time with him. He also loves coming with me to run errands. It can be as simple as going to Safeway but that time with just him is no nice. Even though he is a big boy now, he will always be my little Ethan. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment