Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Aida



Princess for the day


Mommy and Daddy date to Build A Bear





















My sweet Aida is 3. Wow, it has been a crazy 3 years. I remember so clearly going around the city with 3 tiny kids, a 4 year old, 2 year old and a newborn. Parks were our best friend. We did that ALOT that first year of her life. Thank goodness for the amazing parks in SF. She was such a sweet and calm baby even with the chaos in our house.

What a joy she is to our family. We all love her so much, especially her big brother and sister. Like her Mom, this little Gemini has two sides. She has a sweet and spicy side. She is very affectionate. She loves to cuddle, be held, give hugs and hold hands. She also tells me "I love you" or "I like you mommy," which always makes me smile. She is giving and helpful. She loves to make us laugh with her silly faces and words. She also LOVES to dance. She will shake it even if there is no music and often sings at the top of her lungs around the house or in the car.

Aida also has a very stubborn and determined side to her. When she has her mind set, there is no changing it. She is one of the most independent children I have ever met. When Rawley started calling her "AJ" for her nickname, she would say, "I'm not AJ, I'm Aida." I guess a nickname can't be a nickname if the person you're calling doesn't like it. So it's Aida, just Aida. She wants to do everything by herself like getting soap from the dispenser that is out of her reach, squeezing a full bottle of sunscreen and applying it to her whole body, climbing in and out of the bathtub when it clearly is too high for her, peeling a hard boiled egg, putting on her clothes and shoes at "Aida" speed, and opening the car door when it hits her in the forehead every time. I am just naming a few of the delights during the day. She is very capable and manages to do most things on her own, with or without my permission. We love her spirit and spunk that she brings to our family. Aida brings so much laughter and fun. Life would be so boring without her. We love you Aida! Happy 3rd Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment