Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter

We had a really nice Easter Sunday. In the morning, the Easter Bunny made a visit and brought the children some goodies. It's always nice to have some sugar in our kids before they're supposed to sit still for 3 hours. Ethan gave a talk in primary about Christ's resurrection and we were such proud parents. He practiced a lot and he read the whole thing, which was about 10 sentences long, all by himself. He spoke clearly and was so composed. You are a rock star Ethan!

I roasted my first whole chicken ever - organic and free range of course :). It was a great Barefoot Contessa recipe and even the kids loved it. It was a beautiful day out so we played in the yard then enjoyed some yummy strawberry shortcake. The house looked like a tornado hit when it was all over, but it was worth it.


Dying and decorating Easter Eggs. I caught Aida a few times, sneaking the decorated eggs and eating them. I had no idea it was possible to bite into a hard boiled egg, shell and all. She's an animal.

Aida's first egg hunt at playgroup


2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your blog. I was laughing so hard when I read about Eav being in love with Ethan's friend. My girls are so in to kissing right now. I hope it passes and doesn't come back until they are 20 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just scrolled through your past posts and it made me really miss you guys! Your kids are all growing up so much! Especially Aida! When can we get together?

    ReplyDelete